PEANUT BUTTER CRISSCROSSES
These are the best Peanut Butter Cookie I have ever had.
2 cups sifted regular flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1. Measure flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a sifter.
2. In a large bowl, cream shortening and peanut butter with brown and granulated sugars until fluffy
3. beat in egg.
4. Sift in flour mixture, adding alternately with the orange juice and blending well to make stiff dough.
5. Chill until firm enough to handle.
6. Roll dough, a teaspoon at a time, into balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten balls crisscross fashion with a fork.
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 12 minutes or until golden."